Thursday, August 29, 2013

Rescue



A music link to enhance your sunset experience:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90sEDLHomLw&list=PL50A247B9AB47CEA9&index=3

Atypical cloud formations, waves, spilling across the top of the fog bank, rescued me this week. Nighthawks bombed our mountaintop perch, close to where my friend and I stood. A mosquito took its life by entering the cave of my open mouth. The view was breathtaking, and otherworldly.
I stood in my own scene, my own life movie, unmoving, staring into the brilliant sunset. I was just one speck, one set of arranged cells in this vast confounding universe. I stood tiny, like an ant, like an acorn, like a fading wave rolling and breaking and disappearing into the crashing surf, into the wholeness of the give and take.
There is a Kiowa song I sing often, even though I do not know its tune. It goes like this:

You see, I am alive
You see, I stand in good relation to the Earth
You see, I stand in good relation to the Gods
You see, I stand in good relation to all that is beautiful
You see, I stand in good relation to You
You see, I am alive
I am alive

I carry you, my Heart Friend, wherever you may dwell, with me, always.





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture, and a beautiful song. You should make up your own melody!

    ReplyDelete